If your creative genius is matched by your analytical acumen, you may find that marketing makes for a worthy challenge and an exciting career. The uninitiated may mistakenly equate marketing with peddling household products, but marketers know their roles are far more complex and engaging than that. They help their organizations anticipate the public’s needs and position them to satisfy those needs. Marketing is the necessary link between an organization and its target audience, which is now more broadly defined to include customers, clients, funders, or partners. Learn more about what makes a marketer tick by reading our brand new guide on the role of marketing and how it works within a variety of industries.
In this guide, you will learn:
- What the difference is between marketing and marcom
- What other opportunities exist beyond marketing and brand building for the consumer packaged goods, or the consumer products, industry
- What it takes to succeed as a market researcher, brand manager, creative specialist, and more
- What kind of lifestyle to expect, what money you’ll be bringing in, and what the most typical career paths are for marketers
- What to do to get noticed and work your connections